Clean and Elegant

Clean and Elegant

Tuesday 28 February 2017

I love you. Good-bye.

Perhaps the psyche's,
Erica's psyche's,
committed
pathological
self-hatred
is actually profound
self-love
in disguise.
 
Or at least a loving sort
of self-preservation.
 
Look,
says Erica's psyche,
or part of it
(I don't know how that works.
I did not go to grad school.),
Look,
says whatever it is.
You hate yourself so much,
there's no way that anyone
could ever expect
you to pull off
anything.
 
Pressure's off!
Allelujuah.
 
Go,
Clean a refrigerator.
Or sell a tie-dyed t. shirt.
to a new exhausted mother.
 
Hell,
just give it away.
Hell,
if you miss a chunk of mildew
in the meat drawer,
or a grain of rice,
at this point
it will still
be a bonus.
An unlikely almost miracle.
 
You're a bit of a wimp
slash
an odd and complex emotional nutjob
slash
your Cool Friend Fern
once called you
A Magical Creature.
 
Everything's fine.
You're fine.
 
Go,
have a good time.
I love you.
Good-bye.
 
The End. 
When I was four years old
I loved myself so much
that I farted
so I would look way better than my sister
in this picture.

Exuberant Bodhisattva on Facebook
Twitter: @mypelvicfloor
I Let Go

Bodhisattva Business Ventures:
 
Deep Cleans by Erica J. Schmidt (@deepcleanswitherica)
Montreal Hippie Threads (@mtlhippiethreads)

Instagram: @montrealhippiethreads


I do not know how to fulfill my enormous potential.
My Ego Throws Up When I Won't Believe It
Five Days of Creative Recovery

Deep Unyielding Depression, Part One
Deep Unyielding Depression, Part Two
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment